Solicitors here provide practical legal advice on franchising to franchisors and franchisees. Franchising is a commercial arrangement under which a bundle of intellectual property rights (such as patents, trade marks, trade names, copyrights, designs and know how (owned or claimed to be owned by a franchisor) are licensed for use by a franchisee under terms which require the franchisee to follow exactly the franchisor’s methods of doing business. A true franchise is a complete business system licensed to the franchisee for a number of years.
Our solicitors can advise on:
• franchise and master licence agreements
• general considerations on structure and organisation
• protecting the uniform identity of the franchise
• unfair competition law and the EU franchise block exemption
• litigation, arbitration and mediation over disputes arising from the performance of the franchise.